Tuesday 3 November 2009

I've been...


...absolutely obsessing over one particular song at the moment.
Now, this is nothing new for me, I am constantly obsessing over one song and then moving onto another, not getting sick of it exactly, just finding a new mood :)
For the last few months it's been the masterpiece that is Monkey, by Low.
It ended up with over 200 plays on my ipod, shot to the top of my most played list, waaaay above number 2, Make Your Own Kind of Music, which has 84 plays :')


But the current song is called Letters From The Sky, by a band called Civil Twilight





It's so beauuutiful, and it's finally stopped making me cry every time I listen to it :)

23rd time's the charm, eh? :D
The reason it makes me cry is because it was used on an amazinggg one off TV series, called Harper's Island >< But it was used during the death scene of my two favourite characters, Cal and Chloe :'( Cal was murdered by a psycho and thrown off a bridge, while Chloe (who had just agreed to marry him) watched but couldnt do anything, and then the psycho started to walk towards Chloe. But she said, "You can't have me", and let herself fall :'(






He's just proposed here, it's just before the death scene, you can sort of see the bridge in the background.
The words are a line from the song, Letters From The Sky. I recommend giving it a listen, or youtube Cal and Chloe's death scene. Even if you've never heard of Harper's Island, I defy you not to cry!




Aside from those two, my favourite character was Sully, played by the virtually perfect Matt Barr, who I actually fell in love with :D




Also on the cast, the very dashing CJ Thomason :)


I liked the song so much, that I downloaded the rest of their album.
It's really good :D
Aha I've had the song on repeat all through doing this post, and now it's got 37 plays, instead of 23 :')
I know, I take long to blog, I'm multitasking!
Half day at college tomorrow, cos of Parents Evening. Me and my friend Gabby are going into town to buy some books (Y)
And maybe a sneaky look in Topshop wouldn't be too bad?
:P

1 comment:

  1. ah, why do the gorgg ones always turn out to be the murderous type? :(

    ReplyDelete